DR 52 5679
Associated with the Eisenbahn Museum in Bahnhofstrasse in Falkenberg, 52 5679 is under the ultimate control of the Nurnburg Museum and stands plinted by the road bridge, close to the station. Totally apart from the Falz collection, 5679 is beautifully restored, and apart from maker's plates is fully complete. All cab fittings and dials are present, and steps lead to the footplate. A polite request got us access to the cab.
A large display board gives details of the BR52, and the museum curator was a former driver. The museum houses many interesting items, including some great BR52 photographs.
The lok is on a short section of track in the open and easily accessed on foot from the bridge.. More info at the Brandenburgisches Eisenbahn-Museum Falkenberg's website. Originally built by Schichau 3862 of 1943. The loco was withdrawn from Bw Leipzig Hbf West at the end of 1988. It was it was taken over as a Mueumslok and sited at Falkenburg in June 1989.
25 September 2003
© Designed by Ron Ferguson